Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Life isn't always about running

I started this blog to track my marathon training. I gave it a goofy name and recorded all the trials and tribulations of training for one's first marathon. But, now what? True, I'm training for a half in October, but I just haven't had much of interest to write about regarding running. I'm following a plan that has two shorter runs and one longer run a week combined with some cross training. The runs are short enough on the weekends that there really isn't anything interesting to talk about sometimes. But I feel like this blog should be about running. But I guess life doesn't always do what you think it should.

I have been going to a therapist for a month or so now. We talk about the whole "should" thing a lot. I have a ton of preconcieved notions about what life should be like for me. (And I guess what my blog should talk about, but that's kind of different) I don't know where I get these things; I guess from my friends, from the media, just from the societal norm in general. She sort of hit the nail on the head today when we talked about how I was a little upset because I feel like some of my friends might think I'm somewhat immature. She asked me why that would really bother me. I am not sure. It's related somehow; it's related to not being where I think I should be in life. Maybe it doesn't bother me so much that I'm not where I feel that I should be, but rather that other people might think of me that way. Dunno.

In other news, half of my eyelashes fell off on my right eye. Seriously, what the fuck? I went to put on mascara on Saturday and noticed that a huge chunk of lashes were no longer there. I'm going to the eye doctor next week. So, also I went out with this guy that I met....uhhhh... at the grocery store? (*cough*yahoopersonals*cough) Seems like a cool guy. We're supposed to go out on Saturday night to this super shady underground club that I secretly, or really not so secretly, like. People keep asking me why I'd go on a date there, but hey, that's me.

Instead of not writing about running, maybe I should actually go running. Now there's a novel idea.

1 Comments:

Blogger Brooke said...

Ya know. I am 33 and I can't think of many (scratch that ANY) people who are completely where they thought they would be. This includes me. I'm just now starting nursing school and won't be done until I'm 35. I thought by then I would be driving a mercedes and living the "high life." HA!

Good luck to you, both on your date and with your therapy.

9:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home