Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Quack?

After looking at my latest race pictures, I've come to the conclusion that I have very bad form. Truth be told, I run like a duck. I turn my feet outwards. I thought about it while I was running tonight (3 miles in fucking rainforest humidity, bitches) and looked down and lo and behold, there were the duck feet. I don't think that I walk like this, why do I have such bad form when I run? And is it really bad to run like that? I tried to make my feet straighter and that felt harder and unnatural. How important is it to have good form? And how do I get it? I've been very lucky in the fact that aside from a self-diagnosed, on again/off again IT band syndrome, I've run a lot of miles relatively injury free.

I'm on the Team in Training mailing list apparently. It appeals to me somewhat. Mostly the idea of having a group of people to motivate me. I'm not half bad at motivating myself, but the half that's not bad isn't exactly good. Pretty much the only reason that I did my long run on Saturday morning was because I'd made plans to do it and weaseling my way out of them made me feel guilty. The thing about TIT (wait, that can't be right - TNT?) is that I don't think I want to do a full marathon right now and all of the halfs are about a month after the Silver Comet. Plus, there's that raising money thing.

I'm tired. This duck needs to go back to her nest. Umm, pond? Where do ducks sleep?

4 Comments:

Blogger Peaches said...

you have a group to train with. you just don't have a coach. TNT appeals to me too, but the whole raising money part does not.

11:03 PM  
Blogger Lauren Starks said...

we could come up with a cool name for our little running club,lol. We could get shirts if it would make you happy :D

I noticed your duck run Saturday. I thought it was because you were pacing back to run slower.

8:48 AM  
Blogger Lee said...

No, I just run like that! I don't know why or if it's a bad thing.

Yeah, let's make shirts. What should we be called?

6:56 PM  
Blogger Peaches said...

I'll be thinking...

9:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home