Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Finally, a post about running. Sorta.

I'm running the Peachtree tomorrow. I got a number from Lauren. (I'd link her blog, but Safari doesn't let you do that in which case I'd have to switch to Firefox and I'm lazy). I was excited about it today. People at work were talking about it. Two other people that I work with are doing it. Jamie's doing it. Erin's doing it. Eric and Amy are doing it. So I was excited. My triumphant return to running, right? Umm, not really. I called Erin to see what the plan was. She's in time group 9. I'm in 8. I could, if I wanted, run with 9 but she really didn't seem into it. She's going with her boyfriend. I called Jamie. He's in my time group. He was non-chalant. I really think he was nervous and trying to play non-chalant. I finally convinced him to at least meet me at the MARTA because God forbid I'd actually run the thing with him. I understand it, somewhat, not wanting to run with anyone else. But jeez, we can't start together? And then there's the question of the after party. I want to go. No one else does. Erin's going tubing. Jamie suddenly has set hours for beer consumption and Eric and Amy are going to a friend's house. It's not the actual drinking that I want to do, it's the party - I just ran a race and even though I'm hot and sweaty, I'm pretty damn cool and so are all of you- atmosphere. Lisa from work is going. Worst comes to worst, I can meet up with her there for a while. It's just the whole thing that I don't have anyone to do things with. I used to at least have Jamie. Now I don't even have him. I'm just annoyed.

Yep, that's not about running at all. Maybe I'll have a real race report tomorrow though.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lauren Starks said...

i looked for you, since we were in same time group too.

i didn't see you though.

12:35 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi there,

I am acting on behalf of Sylvester Stein: an 87-year old master athlete still competing. I always enjoy reading your blog, even if you're a fair bit younger than Sylvester, who I usually work with! I was wondering if you'd mind linking back to our blog, "Born on Christmas Day" (http://www.pponline.co.uk/blog). He’s quite new to all this online running community, but would like to feel more involved!

Sylvester also founded the PeakPeformance (pponline.co.uk) website, which has a strong tie with your own fitness and sport interests. Do get back to me.

Best,

James

5:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home