Friday, July 27, 2007

Found motivation?

My last post was a result of me trying to look cute for dinner last night and not finding anything remotely flattering in my closet. I think part of that problem is that I really haven't bought very many new clothes in the past year. Maybe some of the clothes that are just a tad tight are from when I was really skinny. I need to find a way to be comfortable in my skin. I'm not comfortable no matter what I weigh. I always think that if I'm just a little bit smaller, I'll feel just a little bit better. But I don't. I felt the exact same way when I was 15 pounds lighter. I do admit, I feel better now though than I did when I was 15 pounds heavier. Realistically, I'm happy when my weight is... okay, I'll say, between about 140-143. Right now I'm more like 147-149. It's just a few pounds, but it makes a difference in the way I feel.

Anyway, Erin and I decided to make a plan. We're making a google spreadsheet that has our goals for now through September 8th. September 8th is the DMB concert in the park. If we meet our goals, both of us, we get to buy a new outfit for the concert. The goals are for me to fit into a pair of work pants that are just a tad tight and her to fit into some jeans that are too tight. We have decided to go about it the following way: We will
1. Not weigh ourselves.
2. Go to the gym 5x a week
3. Not eat fried food
4. Not eat sweets
5. Be healthy for the most part and try to limit alcohol
6. Have one day where we can cheat a little but we don't have to

There's a 7th one but I forget it. I did well today though. We had Mexican for Luis' wedding shower lunch and I ordered the healthiest thing that I could find -shrimp fajitas. It's pretty normal for me to seek out the healthiest item on the menu and order that but what I am proud of, and if you know me, this is huge, i didn't eat a single chip!!! I am a huge chips and salsa fiend. It's really mainly the salsa; the chip is just the vehicle. I just put the salsa on the fajitas and that was good.

And I finally did my second 3 mile run of the week.

5 Comments:

Blogger Brooke said...

Good for you.
Chips and Salsa are my weakness too.

9:51 PM  
Blogger Arcane said...

sounds like a good plan. Good luck!

9:37 AM  
Blogger Peaches said...

Not that you want my opinion and I could totally tell you in person since we talked about it over breakfast, but I definitely think what you're missing is the weight training. You're really thin. REALLY thin in terms of size, but you're not carrying a lot of muscle. Consistent weight training would really help you in terms of getting the look you want, losing the inches, looking and feeling tighter and it will help with the running.

2:47 PM  
Blogger Lee said...

How long and how often should I weight train? I do lift weights regularly, but I have the feeling that I'm not lifting enough weight and that my weight training routine is too short. I usually split it into upper and lower body days and it takes me about half an hour. Should it be taking longer?

6:41 PM  
Blogger P.O.M. said...

Good luck to you. We all feel this way sometimes. When I do - I start counting calories like a madwoman. Psycho. I know. www.myfitday.com is an awesome way to be psycho about calories.

4:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home