Thursday, November 30, 2006

Emo kid

I don't know what happened to me today. Somewhere between listening to a certain person complain all day about being micromanaged and feeling like my pants were too tight, I completely lost it. And by completely, I meant almost breaking down at my desk because Jamie didn't IM me back and Erin had to work late. What the hell? It's actually a feeling that I experienced a lot pre-Lexapro. An actual physical feeling of anxiety, tension and stingy eyes that could leak at any moment. I just don't know where it came from. I really can't think of anything that's happend that's beyond the normal drama that I let encompass my days. Sure, I haven't seen some of my friends in a long time (ahem, JW) and it bothers me and work is well...work and that bothers me too but none of these things seem tear-inducing. Sometimes life seems rather overwhelming and I'm not sure why. The marathon training, for one, gets to me. I still need to run 2 3-milers and an 8-miler this week. If I'm freaking out about not having enough time for Week 1 of training, how the hell am I going to do this? I don't give up. I don't fail. I have to do it. I just don't want to lose any semblance of a social life that I might have. I just don't know how to fit it all in. It scares me that this is happening so soon.

I listented to some slit your wrist music, took a nap and ate some ice cream and now I feel somewhat better. I'm going to the gym in about half an hour to do the 3-miler. I went at 8 last night and couldn't find a parking spot.

3 Comments:

Blogger Peaches said...

Hi!
You should have come and played with me in Little 5. It really is fun passing out condoms to random people.

I'm sorry you're feeling so upset. I wish I could tell you waht to do as far as feeling overwhelmed is concerned. I know that's hard. If I could tell you what to do besides schedule the hell out of everything you do, I would. Honestly I do think a solid schedule would help you. If nothing else, you'd know exactly what you do and don't have time for on any given day.

10:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

while my new gym is not as nice as la fitness (and i use the apt one in the AM weekdays anyway), i SO don't miss the crowds and time limits!

11:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Adina's right. I'd choke without a pretty set schedule. My life is far to complicated to not have at least a 'loose' schedule of my daily activities.

11:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home