Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Cut short

The good news: I got up at 6:35 for my 3 mile run.
The bad news: I only ran about 2.25 miles.

The reason: I'm sick of my 3 mile route. It's always the same. It's on crowded streets and parts of it don't have sidewalks. So I decided to take an alternative route. I knew that if I just did the loop, it wouldn't be three miles so I thought of a way to tack on some extra mileage. It was fairly warm out and I didn't have a hard time getting into my run. I'd put some new music on my shuffle for the Turkey Chase and was enjoying it. Then my stomach started hurting and I decided to cut my run short and go home. My stomach basically always hurts. I can't figure out what causes it but it doesn't normally hurt in the morning. It's normally caused by some sort of food intolerance or stress; none of which I was experiencing. I felt like I was getting my period. My period is on the irregular side. It goes through cycles of reguarity and then it decides to skip a month (or 4) and then come all the time. I guess it missed me because it's back. It's back after showing up 2 and a half weeks ago. Ugh. Not only is this inconvenient as all hell, but it makes quite an expensive little medical quirk seeing as I like expensive tampons. At least I'm not pregnant. I mean, not that I thought I was, but at least I'm not.

7 Comments:

Blogger Peaches said...

What's your route now? I might be able to give you another one for the 3 miler.

12:54 PM  
Blogger Lee said...

sheridan -> briarcliff -> lavista -> cheshire bridge –>chantilly

2:41 PM  
Blogger Peaches said...

If you want an out and back route, you could do Sheridan->Briarcliff->N. Druid to High Haven and come back.

You could also do an out and back...
Sheridan->Briarcliff to Timothy Dr. which I think would be about 1.5 miles out for you.

I'll try to think of a new loop and let you know.

4:58 PM  
Blogger Lee said...

Where's High Haven? What way do I go on N. Druid? Sometimes I go N. Druid -> Holly -> some other street with a huge hill -> lavista -> briarcliff but that's 4 miles.

5:41 PM  
Blogger Peaches said...

You'd make a right on to N. Druid going toward LaVista. High Haven is one of the side streets on N. Druid. I use it as a marker. If you use Gmaps Pedometer, you can see exactly where it is.

Timothy is down Briarcliff before you get to Summit St. Claire.

N. Druid->Holly->Merry? Merry has a huge hill, but so does that other street that's across the street from Post Briarcliff. Is that the one you mean?

10:10 PM  
Blogger epilogue said...

Everytime my period comes I think "oh thank goodness, i'm not pregnant". I think this even when I'm not having sex. I am so weird. Hahaha

12:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i freak out if I'm even 2 days late -- and I'm on the pill. LOL. They switched my pill about 2 months ago and I was 3 days "late" on the first pack.

Freaked me out so bad I took a pregnancy test -- which freaked James out

6:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home