Wednesday, November 15, 2006

In a bizarre twist of events...

I woke up at 6:15 and went to the gym to lift weights. It wasn't so bad. Okay, that's a lie. It was raining and dark out and I wanted to be under my covers but I made do with my warm UVM sweatshirt instead. At the gym, I tried to pretend that it was dark out because it was nighttime, not because no normal person goes to the gym at this hour. I did enjoy having more time than usual though. If I go at lunch, I can fit in a half an hour which really isn't enough. I can fit in more at night if I don't have any plans but the problem with working out at night is that I'm not tired until late and I don't get a good nights sleep. I figure that eventually I'm going to have to run in the morning. I can't really do 6 and 8 mile runs at night. It's too dark outside and too crowded at the gym.

This did not give me a surge of energy though. I am going to take a nap now. I'm like a little kid. I need my nap time. I wish I had a cot in my office.

1 Comments:

Blogger Peaches said...

The surge of energy part doesn't come for awhile. I definitely feel better on the days that I workout in the AM. Today is my off day and it's 1 PM and I"m exhausted. I'm ready to sleep at my desk. I never feel like this on the mornings when I get up to go to the gym. I'm not a morning person at all, I'm not a night owl either, I fall in the middle somewhere, I just know that I don't like feeling like I have to do anything after work except go home. Knowing that I can do whatever I want in the evenings makes the AM workouts all the more worth it.

1:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home