Wednesday, November 08, 2006

It tastes sweet

That's what my fortune cookie said. It tastes sweet. What does? The cookie? Sucess? Revenge? Eh, probably the cookie. I didn't eat it so I don't know.

I'm supposed to do a 6 mile run tonight with 4 miles of it being at at tempo (9 something) pace. Ugh. I don't want to do this in the least. I don't want to go to the gym and spend over an hour on the dreadmill. I'm tired. My stomach hurts. But I'm always tired and my stomach always hurts so neither of them are really good excuses. I need to find my schedule. At some point I'm going to have to switch to morning workouts. I just don't know how to fit it all in. Running, work, social life, bumming around. What do I give up? If I give up bumming around aka relaxing, then I get tired and everything else suffers.

My weight gain fear has come creeping back. I feel like my clothes are tight. I'm trying to eat 1800 calories a day. Dave, Jamie's new boy, told me that it's not enough if I'm training for a marathon but right now I'm not training yet so I think it should be okay. I'll increase it if I feel hungry when I start running more. I actually have no idea how accurate my calorie counting is. I had veggie soup and steamed tofu with some sort of ginger/onion sauce from a random menu out of my drawer of Chinese restaurant menus that I have managed to accumulate. How many calories is that? 500? How many calories was my Doc Green's salad? 400? I'll just say that they were. I don't want to get obsessed with this again but I don't want to have to buy all new clothes since mine are no longer fitting. What to do, what to do.

All is not lost as some good things did happen today:
1. The obvi - The dems taking the house and hopefully the senate and Rummy getting out of there.
2. I had to take my car to Marietta because some light came on and whatever it was was under a lifetime warranty so I didn't have to pay. They also replaced my burnt out brake light for free.
3. Umm, I guess that's it. Those are good though. I wish I had DVR or at least a VCR. I am going to miss Top Model. See what I sacrifice to run?

3 Comments:

Blogger Peaches said...

You could be gaining weight from running. I know violentfemme from "the other board" said that she gained weight when she was training for her marathon. Jamie's new boy might be right, you're training. You run A LOT or at least it seems like you do. You're taller than me and you do way more cardio than I do and you eat less. Could you be doing that whole gaining weight because you're not eating enough thing?

8:12 PM  
Blogger Lee said...

I've read a lot about people gaining weight when they're training but I'm not even training yet. I think that I eat more than people think. I have problems when I'm at home going back for seconds..thirds...fourths. When I'm around other people, I barely eat or I eat very healthy. It's when I'm by myself that I have issues.

11:02 PM  
Blogger Peaches said...

I know you've mentioned that you have your "by yourself eating issues", but the way you eat, going back for thirds and fourths still may not add up to a lot in terms of calories. It's not like you're eating steaks and potatoes and such.

1:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home