Monday, October 23, 2006

I'm COOOLLLLLD

Atlanta weather is weird. One day it's summer, the next it's fall and then back to summer again. I don't know how I survived four years in Vermont when I feel like I'm going to get hypothermia in fifty degree weather. Really, how did I do it? More padding? More pot? Something. So of course, I am getting nervous about running in the cold. I cannot do anything farther than 8 miles on the treadmill. I just can't. Even 8 is a stretch. I did it once and it sucked. But it's so fucking cold out. Cold and dark. Cold, dark and scary. Today's just 2 miles. I can easily go to the gym for that. But when my mileage increases and my training gets more intense, I really don't know how I'm going to deal. I guess it does give me an excuse to go shopping. I can't believe it's 50 degrees out and I'm bitching about the cold. I like seasons, I really do. I just like being warm in them.

The Ipod is 5 years old. Not my Ipod (Irene or Iris Pod, I always forget what I named her), but the Ipod in general. I can't imagine running with a discman now. Hell, I can't imagine running with a full sized Ipod. Times they are a changin'. Which is why I need that Nano.

2 Comments:

Blogger Peaches said...

I'm freezing too and I want a Nano...

As for the running at night thing...Hmmm...I ran outdoors at least 2-3 days a week each day last winter. I did better running in the morning. It wasn't as dark for as long and somehow didn't feel as cold as it did running at night.

9:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

running in the cold sucks

12:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home