Saturday, November 18, 2006

5 miles and a note to self

5 miles after work today. T'was good. I get off work at 4 on Fridays, so I had enough time to get the run in before it got dark. It was pretty easy. It always gets easy right when I get to Target which is about a mile. That's helpful though because I tell myself, "You're almost at Target." and it just gets easier then. My new shoes have been working out well too. They're Sauconys and I think they have a wider toe box than my old Mizunos. I'm doing an 8 mile run either tomorrow or Sunday. Probably tomorrow. I know I'm really not supposed to do a 5 and then an 8 two days in a row like that, but I think it'll be okay. The 5 was pretty easy. That shocks me sometimes. Like when did running 5 miles become easy? I mean, it's not easy like running for 5 minutes would be, but I'm definitely not dying at the end. And that makes me wonder. I don't push myself speedwise when I run. I push myself distancewise, but it's always a comfortable speed. Is that a bad thing? There are constantly debates on Runners World about running with music vs not running with it. People in the headphoens are bad camp always say that running with music takes away the whole essence of the sport. That you aren't supposed to "zone out." But I say what's wrong with zoning out? I like the way my thoughts flow when I run with music. From running to races to boys to song lyrics to nothing. I like to zone out. I don't see anything wrong with it. I'm so hyperaware of every little detail in my life that it's nice to just get a break. For some reason, it only works when I have music though. I can't zone out when I'm doing speedwork. I guess I'm never going to get any faster. Who knows?

Note to self: If you kind of like two different boys, do not invite them to the same event. Oops. Fortunately, one might not be able to go and the other one hasn't responded to my text.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home