Thursday, November 23, 2006

Bethesda Turkey Chase 10K

I got into MD last night after a long flight that had a layover in Memphis and was also delayed because of the cold, windy weather here. My dad picked me up and it was raining pretty hard. We agreed that if it was raining the next morning, we wouldn't do the race. We tried to find a weather report on AM radio but only found talk radio shows about God. My father asked me if I believed in God. I said I'm agnostic but lean more towards Atheism than Theism. He said he didn't. He dropped me off at my mother's house. I was starving. I had actually brought a Larabar in my purse for the plane ride. Normally, I get a cheap thrill out of the fact that I won't have anything to eat but it always backfires so I didn't even bother. I wanted to go to my favorite restaurant, Lebansese Taverna. "All the way in Rockville??" my mother asked, "There are so many restaurants in Bethesda!" Rockville is like 10 minutes away. So we went there and they got rid of my favorite menu item, the veggie sandwich. The only veggie thing that they had was Falafel. We got some salad and hummus and split a bowl of lentil soup. It was still good. I set my alarm for 7:30 and went to sleep, praying to the God that I might or might not believe in for rain.

My father called at about 7:10. I groggily asked him if it was raining. It wasn't. I got dressed. He was supposed to come with my sister to get me but showed up in a car that I didn't recognize with my sister's friend. Apparently Emma was being a slacker and wouldn't get up. Her friend wanted to do the race though. I asked whos car it was and didn't really get a straight answer. If they bought Emma a car at age 16... At least Eric didn't get one. The race was pretty good. I was a little bit hot. It was kind of hilly; it wasn't too bad though. I finished in 1:04. I don't know what my chip time was. I'd like to break 60 min just like I'd like to break 30 for a 5K but it just doesn't seem to happen.

Then I took a nice nap.

3 Comments:

Blogger Peaches said...

You're so close to breaking your 1 hour and your 30 minute mark. I think it will come soon, especially with all the marathon training.

2:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You started another journal on Shape.....

Does that mean you're not logging your training here?

1:15 PM  
Blogger Lee said...

I'm doing both.

6:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home