Monday, September 03, 2007

Financial woes

I have a mini-goal. From today until Thursday, I am not allowed to spend any money. I have enough food to make do in my apartment. I'm taking Jason out to dinner for his birthday on Thursday. The restaurant that I chose is nice but upon perusing the menu (cause I'm weird like that and like to pick out my food way in advance) what I'm going to get is only $10. I want to spend money on him. I want to take him to a nice dinner and pay for it.

Herein lies the problem: with the combination of therapy sessions as $65 a pop (twice a month) and a circuit training class almost weekly at $15, that's an additional $190 that I wasn't spending before. So what gives? I already belong to a gym; circuit training is purely complimentary to my normal routine. Therapy? Is it working? Is it worth it?

I can't live paycheck to paycheck and rack up my credit card bill like this. I've made $14,000 less in my life and been okay, why am I having such a problem now? Plus, I have a doctors appointment on Thursday. Bam $30 down the drain. I think it may be wise to start taking the pill again, more money gone.

Crap.

3 Comments:

Blogger Peaches said...

I'd quit with the circuit training class. Suck it up and up your game in the gym. Therapy is a need for you based on what I know of you so no way would I get rid of that. Do you have an actual budget? It may be time for one if you don't. Or is it time for a second part time job like I've got?

2:04 AM  
Blogger Lauren Starks said...

I agree. Quit the cirucit, keep the therapy. Get a written budget, if you don't already.

8:31 AM  
Blogger Brooke said...

When we make more, we spend more. It kills me that we used to make half of what we do now and were fine. I wonder where it all goes.

8:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home