Saturday, August 18, 2007

Although I've been slacking with the running...

I have been doing a lot more strength training. I've been going to a circuit training class that a co-worker's husband (he owns his own personal training studio) teaches on Fridays. He said that he can tell that I've been getting stronger. I hope so. I don't know if it's just the heat, but I still do not feel like running. Last summer, when it was also opressively warm, I just did my runs on the treadmill. I just can't bring myself to do that right now. I still enjoy running outside, so hopefully in a month or so, when it cools off, I can get back into that. I decided not to do the half marathon in October. Training for it was starting to feel like more of a chore than anything else and I don't want running to become a chore. Someone said, "There will always be another race." and that's true. I guess I sort of feel lost without a race looming, without a training plan. Maybe I'll find a nice 10K in October and train for that instead. I don't know. My thoughts about running are so contradictory right now.

I called my mother this morning. We're pretty close but for some reason, I don't like to talk to her about boys. I feel like her ideas are somehow off. I told her about this latest boy a few weeks ago (a few weeks? Have I known him for that long? Weird) and she, of course, asked me about him. I said that we were hanging out after he got off work tonight. She said that I didn't sound that excited. Has my mother ever met me? Do I ever really express excitement about anything? Well, I guess sometimes, but not too often, even if I am. I don't really know where I'm going with this except that I need to learn not to trust my mother's advice about guys. It's old-fashioned.

Speaking of guys, or rather this particular one, the amount of things that he and I have in common is rather bizarre.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home