Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Burnt

I don't know what it is. I just don't feel like running anymore. Sure, sometimes I'll get a few miles into a run and feel okay but the motivation just isn't there. I don't know what to do. I don't know if I want to do this anymore. It's so damn hot out and half the treadmills at the gym are broken and the other half are taken even at nine at night. My new shoes are too bouncy and my old ones have no bounce left. It got up to 99 degrees yesterday. How the hell am I supposed to do a 7 mile run in 99 degree weather? Even if we go at 7 am, it'll still be in the 80s. I've always been good at pushing myself in the past. I'm not sure why it's so hard right now. Maybe running all these races were just me trying to challenge myself and now that I've done it, I feel done. Or maybe I'm just lazy.

4 Comments:

Blogger Brooke said...

I think this crazy heat is affecting everyone. Don't give up, just go on shorter runs until it passes.

10:00 AM  
Blogger diana said...

I know the feeling; I've had no motivation at all lately. :-( This season has kind of been a bust. I just don't seem motivated at all even with the few races I chose.

Hopefully the heat passes and your runs improve. And hopefully we both get over this burnt out period.

4:03 PM  
Blogger Jon (was) in Michigan said...

Has the weather cooled down at all for ya? I hope you've found some inspiration to get out there and move again.

7:21 AM  
Blogger Lee said...

Nope, it's still in the low 100s!

8:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home