Monday, September 10, 2007

The elephant in the room

Sean was back in the states for a week. His grandfather passed away. We haven't talked that much, with him being in Kuwait and all, in the past two months. That's how it goes with he and I. I'm interested when I see him and when I don't, I forget. And since I see him about once a year, there are a lot of months that go by where he's in the back of my mind as a friend, but the feelings subside. Last we talked, we talked about us. He said it wouldnt work long distance. At the time, I thought about trying it, thought if it worked, maybe I'd move back to Maryland, thought somehow this was meant to be.

But I don't think it is.

And that's not just because I met someone else. It's because after seven years, it's just not going to work between the two of us.

So, now there's someone new. I am not sure if Sean is aware of it or not. My myspace profile says, "In a relationship", it's there plain as day. I just don't know if he's noticed, and if not, do I tell him?

2 Comments:

Blogger Lauren Starks said...

My initial reaction is...
if you're as good of friends as you've said in the past, don't you want to tell him the new guy?

10:01 AM  
Blogger Lee said...

I told him. We agreed that it was weird but that we aren't going to even see each other for a year and we both knew this was going to happen.

9:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home