Sunday, September 09, 2007

depressed

How do I get off my ass? Lately I feel so lazy. I just want to get up, go to work and come home and sleep. I force myself to work out usually but sometimes things just seem overwhelming and I just feel so tired. I don't know where my energy went. It's not like I'm eating poorly and treating my body badly, why am I so tired? I guess this is depression rearing it's ugly head again. Classic symptoms. Not wanting to get out of bed. I always think that if something goes right, I'll snap out of this funk. If I have a good job, if I have a boyfriend, if I have an active social life. But the thing is, I have all of those things and I still feel this way. So suddenly it becomes, well if I were skinnier, if I worked out more, if I ate less.

I want to be motivated to run. I want to have dinner parties and have my family visit me and see them more often. I want to go on vacation. I want to have sex more often. I want to stop worrying about money.

These are all very easy goals to achieve. I just don't know how to set everything in motion so instead, I just stew over it all. Over and over.

2 Comments:

Blogger P.O.M. said...

JUST DO IT. I know it's easier said than done. I get into slumps too. But just for a run and you will feel better about everything :)

5:00 PM  
Blogger Caitlyn said...

This is my usual advice story because it's how I got out of my failed-engagement rut- I went out and adopted a puppy.
And then I spent so much time worry about feeding her, or walking her, taking her to the park. And those worries turned into nights with her cuddled against me (she's beside me right now) and afternoons spent with her fetching sticks from the river.
I mean, you don't have to adopt a dog per se, but pick up a hobby that consumes you. Sign up for a class at the gym (kickboxing and swimming are fun, I suggest rowing if it's anywhere near you).

10:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home