Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Doubt

I ran 3 miles tonight and it was hard. My legs felt like lead. I did it with some walk breaks and left the gym almost in tears. I'm having such a hard time with training lately. I know that I need to be positive but I'm doubting myself big time. I'm doubting my motivation, my dedication and my actual physical ability. Work was stressful today. I'm still unsure of what it is I'm doing. Thankfully there is one woman there, a salesperson, who helps me a lot. Actually she helps me stay motivated for the marathon too. I think she's going to come watch.

I'm wondering if I'm not getting enough protein. I'm tired. I'm really tired. But that could be stress related too. I have been craving a lot of cheese and milk lately and I don't even really like cheese or milk. Maybe my body is trying to tell me something. I don't eat red meat, pork or chicken but I do eat fish and dairy. Is this enough protein and iron? I know that all the vegetarian info says that you really don't need to worry about protein as much as you'd think, but maybe that doesn't apply for marathon training? I don't know.

My next marathon...if there is one...I'm not traning alone. I'll tell you that much for sure.

7 Comments:

Blogger Peaches said...

I can't tell you what to do about nutrition, but I know that usually when I'm craving something a lot it means I'm lacking in something. Have you been tracking your diet with your training? If not, that might be the solution for the next few weeks.

6:49 AM  
Blogger Lauren Starks said...

i already told James that if I try another marathon - i'm definitely joining a running group.

9:37 AM  
Blogger Brooke said...

uh, you do need that protein. You can get it in other ways besides just meat. Try almonds or other nuts, peanut butter, and (yum) cheese.

Good luck. I admire you for doing this on your own. It is so hard.

1:56 PM  
Blogger Lee said...

I do eat nuts, peanut butter and dairy products. Like a lot of them. So, that's why I don't know what my problem is.

6:18 PM  
Blogger Peaches said...

Nuts/nut butters have more fat than protein. I wonder if you need to eat more food that's just protein.

5:32 AM  
Blogger Lee said...

what is just protein that's not meat? beans, tofu?

7:34 AM  
Blogger Peaches said...

I'm thinking tofu and beans would be your best bet. Do you eat eggs? I can't remember. All my vegan and vegetarian friends are starting confuse me. I can't remember who eats what. If you eat eggs, they're a great source of protein.

7:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home