Wednesday, February 21, 2007

bleh

I kind of feel like shit. I have been extremely tired all day. I managed to go to the gym and do my 4 miles but it was a struggle. The actual run wasn't so bad, it was getting my ass out of bed after a long post-dinner nap. I know I'm really tired when I crawl into bed and don't even change out of my work clothes.

My face has been extremely dry. The combination of dry heat in my apartment (I'm cold natured and like it WARM), very hot showers and running in the cold has done a number on me. My chin, nose and lips look disgusting. It was so bad that this woman that I work with offered me some lotion. I thought it was just the stubble burn from the other night but when I looked in the mirror, I discovered that no, in actuality, I looked like a lepor. (Okay fine I don't really know what I lepor looks like but my skin was majorly peeling. I guess no apendages were falling off though.)

I'm kind of glad that I'm not going out with that boy tomorrow. I mean unless he's attracted to skin falling off my face into my food. (Okay, sorry gross.) Actually he sent me a text saying that he has a fever and feels horrible. I hope I don't have that. So, while we're on the subject of my insecurities with boys (what, you didn't know we were on that subject?), I think things with this guy are okay. We hung out on Sunday, I texted him on Monday and he responded. He sent me an email yesterday and I responded. He sent me a text today and I responded and then he did. So, that's all good right? He joined my kickball team. That has the potential to add a whole new dimension of drama to my life but I don't need to think about that quite yet.

Okay sleep. Oh and is it possible to use more parentheses in one post?

2 Comments:

Blogger running42k said...

As for the skin falling off your face, if the guy likes you he will have a little bit of you to take with him.

10:17 AM  
Blogger Lauren Starks said...

(maybe you could stand (a few more) parentheses)

1:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home