Thursday, February 15, 2007

TGIT?

Sometimes I like Thursday night more than any other night of the week just because tomorrow is Friday. Friday is my favorite day even though I still have to go to work. The whole weekend is ahead of me and the possibilities seem endless. I could go out, I could sleep, I could do a million and one errands and chores. Actually, I have a three day weekend. I think I'm one of the only people that I know that has President's Day off.

I've been doing well in terms of running this week. My runs have been a bit longer during the week (5 and 6 milers) and the long run is a shorter one - 12. I've been going straight to the gym by my office right after work. It's not too crowded and what I like about this gym is the time limit during peak hours is 30 minutes. So basically I've been running for 30 minutes, hopping off the treadmill, waiting in line again and finishing my run on a different treadmill. It is nice to get home by 7ish and then be done for the evening. Lots of people at work have been asking me about my marathon. It's good that I have something to talk about with people, I guess. It's funny. There are about 20 people that work there and I'd say that 13 or so are friendly and the others are not. Not unfriendly, but just don't strike up a conversation. But that's more than half that do, so I'm happy about that. I know everyone's name finally. It only took me two weeks.

I have lots of plans this weekend. It's Emily's birthday tomorrow. I'm supposed to go out with my friend Shelly from my old job on Saturday and I have been kind of asking around to see if anyone is off on Monday that might go out on Sunday. I also have to get a 12 mile run in there at some point.

4 Comments:

Blogger Peaches said...

I want Monday off!!!

The boy has Monday off. I'm jealous.

Please remind me not to drink too much tonight. I'll probably die if I do.

7:44 AM  
Blogger Lee said...

I think this is the first job that I've had that I've had President's Day off.

7:53 AM  
Blogger Lauren Starks said...

the boys have all next week off.

8:06 AM  
Blogger Peaches said...

All week?! WTH? How did they pull off the whole week? Do they not get a spring break?

8:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home