Tuesday, February 06, 2007

MIA

For the next month and a half, I'm going to be pretty MIA. Marathon training is about to totally take over my life and I'm not sure how I feel about that. I wasn't supposed to do this thing by myself. I was supposed to do it with Erin. She got too busy with work and said she'd do the half. Now I don't think she's even doing that. It's not that I mind running the race by myself, in fact I prefer that, it's the training. It's the fact that I have to stay in one weekend night and most weeknights and it's almost like I'm a kid and I'm grounded. All my friends are going out and I have to stay in. Only it's self imposed. I shouldn't feel like that. I should enjoy running and I do, but I feel like whenever I do go out, I act excessively. (Case in point - spending the night at a friends house on a school night and not going to bed until probably 3 am. Case in point #2 - hanging out with people that work at a club and have accesss to it after hours.)

Marathon training is not about moderation. I know that. It's just hard to squeeze life in when it takes up so much of my time. Of course, I could run in the morning and solve half of my problems but then I'd have nothing to whine about.

2 Comments:

Blogger Peaches said...

You're the only person I've ever met who regularly trains for a marathon at night. I'm sure there are others, but you're the only one I know.

You better not go MIA from this blog. We all need to know how your training is going.

Ummm...Your life is way more fun than mine. I feel old and boring when I talk to you even though you're older than I am.

9:01 AM  
Blogger Lee said...

I'm not going MIA from the blog. Just MIA from the rest of my life.

Actually right now I'm going MIA from the gym.

8:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home