Wednesday, January 31, 2007

The ice storm?

Apparently we're supposed to have some sort of ice storm tonight. In Georgia this means that approximately a millimeter of rain will probably fall and if it does turn to ice, it'll melt by 6 am. But of course, the news is doing special broadcasts from the grocery store. Yes, I'm serious. I actually went to Kroger tonight. I wasn't think about the looming ice storm, but rather that I need more diet coke. It was a little more crowded than usual but I really didn't put two and two together until I saw the news.

I ran five miles tonight on the treadmill. It was hard. It was okay after mile three. It is always okay after mile three. It's like no matter how many miles I am capable of running, the first three always SUCK. They SUCK more on the treadmill though because all I do is watch the seconds go by. I probably run slower outside since I don't really have any way of pacing myself, but the runs feel so much faster. Not that I'm running fast, just that it's over quicker.

When I first started working at my old job and I lived farther away, I'd go to the gym and lift weights during lunch. When I moved closer, going home and taking a power nap was much more appealing. This new job is not close enough to go home by any means but it is really close to a branch of LA Fitness. This is good. Maybe this will make me lift weights. I mean, I don't have anything else to do for my lunch hour.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home