Friday, January 26, 2007

16 miles sounds really far

I am not looking forward to this. 16 miles sound really far. What am I talking about? 16 miles is really far! I'm trying to drink a lot of water right now. I'm sure I've written about this before, but I absolutely suck at drinking water. All in all, I'm a pretty healthy person; I eat well, I exercise but my main source of liquid is diet coke. I can't help it. I don't like water. It's also very hard to drink it when I'm home all day. When I was working, I had this big-ass water bottle that I would try to fill up and drink before the day was over. It was almost like I had a competition with myself to see if I could do it. Now the big-ass bottle is on my desk, but it rarely gets filled up more than a quarter of the way.

I had a big glass of wine last night before I went out. That probably wasn't the wisest idea. I wasn't drunk but I did fall asleep in my jeans. A part of me was happy that I did because these specific jeans are kind of my tester jeans. If they're tight, I've gained weight. If they're comfortable, I'm okay. They are one of my only pairs that don't have stretch in them, so it really is a good indication. So the fact that they were comfortable enough for me to sleep in is good. I also woke up at about 6 am and drank a ton of water. Is that the answer? Get so dehydrated from alcohol that the water actually tastes good? I must have drank three glasses. Three is a lot for me. Come to think of it, going out two days before my long run isn't such a good idea either. Guess I'm going to have to nip the Thursday night drinking in the bud. (Is it bud or butt?)

I tried to go shopping today. I went to Old Navy, TJ Maxx, DSW, Filene's Basement and Target. And do you know what I bought at all of those places? A pair of earrings and a magazine. That's it! I was not feeling comfortable with my body, despite sleeping in the jeans, and just wasn't in the mood to try stuff on. Plus, the stores, especially DSW, are such teases this time of year. Shorts, capris, skirts and rows upon rows of sandals. It's January. I know I live in the South, but it's still in the 40s here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home