Thursday, January 25, 2007

What's that growling?

Oh, it's my stomach.

I am so hungry. I just had to eat a snack at midnight. I know that I can blame it on running but have a really been running that much that I need to constantly be shoving food in my mouth? I'm running around 27-30 miles a week right now. That's a lot but not that much. I mean, it is, but in terms of other, more hardcore runners, it's not. I know I just need to eat if my body is telling me to, but sometimes it (my body) gets confused. I think the part of my brain that tells me if I'm actually hungry or if I'm bored is broken. How do you mend a broken brain?

Speaking of broken brains, I watched the last episode of Six Feet Under tonight. I cried hysterically. Full on sobs. If anyone reading this hasn't seen the show, I highly recommend it.

4 Comments:

Blogger Peaches said...

27-30 mpw is A LOT of running. You're not a professional/elite runner, but for a normal person, that's a lot of running.

8:32 AM  
Blogger Peaches said...

Dammit, I accidentally hit Publish before I was ready. I was going to give you some perspective. You run 3x as much as I do in terms of miles. That's a lot.

8:33 AM  
Blogger Lee said...

Yeah, I guess it is. I just read the running boards where people are running like 50 mpw.

9:27 AM  
Blogger Peaches said...

A lot of those people are super mega elite athletes or people who have beeen doing marathons for a looong time. When you get to the point where marathon training is just a regular part of your routine, then you can worry about 50 mpw.

10:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home