Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Can we talk

about the fact that I have to run 16 miles on Saturday? Yep, that's right 16. That's one more than the grueling 15 two weekends prior and 5 more than the even more grueling 10 last weekend. You know what's hard about running these long distances? It's not so much my legs getting tired or running out of stamina or spending 3+ hours of my day running, it's finding a route. I use gmap-pedometer to find my routes but the problem is sometimes there are no sidewalks. Let me tell you, it's not fun running on the shoulder of a busy street. Although it probably does help with my speed. The smart thing to do would be to map out a route and then go check in my car for sidewalks. But do I ever think to do that? No. In an effort to make this as easy as possible, here are some things that I've decided to do:
1. Not take that dumb fuel belt. Okay, it was 30 dollars that my unemployed ass need not have spent. It bounces around too much and isn't snug. Plus the water is heavy. And when it's finally comfortable, it's because the water is empty. So, this time I'm just going to bring cash and stop at gas stations. I found out that the race has Powerade and Clif products. Problem with Powerade is that it doesn't come in those nice little squeezy bottles like Propel. I really don't want to be running while I'm screwing and unscrewing a cap.

2. Eat. My ten mile run might or might not have sucked because I didn't eat anything during it. I bought some Clif Gel and Clif shots (Margarita and Lemon Lime flavor) to try those. I'm also interested in Nancy Clark's recommendation of little Milky Ways. Although it'd have to be Snickers. Not a fan of nougat. What the hell is nougat anyway?

1 Comments:

Blogger Lauren Starks said...

In my quest to ease back into this marathon training - I'm running 8 on Sunday.

7:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home