Wednesday, January 17, 2007

"And the world spins madly on"

I set my alarm this morning. I decided my days of getting up at noon and loafing around my apartment in my pajamas were over. Granted, I didn't set it that early, I mean I should take some advantage of the fact that I can sleep in. Got up, did job stuff for a while, took a nap (this was not planned) and went to the gym at 3. I went last night but didn't get to run. All of the treadmills were full even at 8:30. So I ended up doing 20 minutes on the scary step mill and 20 minutes on the arc trainer. Today, I did run 4 miles. It was a good run. I am starting to think that I really can do this marathon thing. It's not that I ever doubted myself or my ability it just didn't seem real. It seemed like some goal in the far, far distance. Now as it gets closer, it still doesn't seem real, but it seems like it could be.

Tomorrow, Lauren and I are going to hear Nancy Clark speak about Nutrition and racing.

I have an interview with Aquent, a temp agency, on Friday and then a real interview on Monday. Beauty and the Geek and The Real World are on tonight. Things seem to be looking up, a least a little bit.

I let the day go by
I always say goodbye
I watch the stars from my window sill
The whole world is moving and I'm standing still

- The Weepies, "The World Spins Madly On"

6 Comments:

Blogger Peaches said...

I can't believe how well your job search is going. To put things in perspective for you...I've been job hunting since ummm...Ummm...July? I've had one interview. You're doing really well. Good luck with the temp agency and the real interview.

9:30 PM  
Blogger Lee said...

People have told me, and I believe it's true, that when your full time job really does become looking for a job, you're more apt to find something.

I was looking for a job before I got laid off but not with the same intensity that I'm looking now. I've been applying for EVERYTHING.

9:51 PM  
Blogger Brooke said...

Hey--at least your looking. That counts for something.

I love the Real World. That Jen chick is Ka-raa-zeee.

10:02 PM  
Blogger Lee said...

Jen completely reminds me of this girl that I know. I love this season!

10:21 PM  
Blogger runliarun said...

A marathon is a state of mind.

11:49 PM  
Blogger Peaches said...

Unfortunately, that whole no job=look harder thing didn't mean anything. You forget. I was out of work for 1.5 years. Temp agencies didn't even want me. I think that was more about me sucking on the whole than my job search though.

8:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home