Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Window of opportunity

Somehow I managed to miss the window of opportunity to go to the gym when it's not crowded. I'm not entirely sure how this is possible since I've been sitting on my ass all day, but lo and behold, now it's almost 4 pm and while I could go now, I'd be cutting it awfully close to becoming part of the after-work crowd. That's the problem with the gym; it is way too crowded. I know it's right after New Year's and everything, but my gym has always been crowded. It's full of Emory kids. That confuses me because if you go to Emory, don't you have access to a (free and probably nicer) gym? Why would you pay extra money to go to LA fitness? If I got there at 4, I could possibly do the 4 miles without guilt. And by guilt, I mean the guilt that overtakes me as I try my hardest to ignore the twenty minute treadmill time limit. It gets hard when the front desk person is constantly making me aware of it and when I can feel the eyes of other gym-goers bearing into the back of my head because they want that treadmill and I've been on it for 36 minutes already with no signs of stopping. So, inevitably I get off. I either don't finish my workout or I wait in line for another treadmill which totally kills the running zone I was in. I want to say, "I've been going to this gym for four years! I am not just here because it's January like the half of you who won't even know what the inside of the gym looks like by April. Give me my time on the treadmill!"

I told you, unemployed Lee is a bitch.

6 Comments:

Blogger Lauren Starks said...

My gym has no time limits, even during "busy season"...

(one of the lures of staying with Golds)

4:26 PM  
Blogger Peaches said...

Emory doesn't have enough cardio equipment. That's why they go to LA Fitness. You have to sign up waaaaaaaay in advance to get on the equipment. Plus, a lot of the grad students use LA Fitness because the Emory gym has sucky hours.

Lee, go to Buckhead, I think the time limit over there is 30 minutes.

4:49 PM  
Blogger Peaches said...

Oh yeah, one other reason you see Emory kids at the gym...They hate living on campus. I don't know how free the gym is if you don't live on campus.

7:33 PM  
Blogger Lee said...

I don't like the treadmills at Buckhead. I'd rather go to Ansley but I like how the Toco Hills treadmills have fans. I am a treadmill snob.

8:05 PM  
Blogger Peaches said...

Does your complex have a gym with decent treadmills? I havent' checked the ones here yet. Ansley's really not to terribly crowded at 4 if you had to go there, but they've got that 20 minute when waiting limit too.

I don't like the treadmills at Buckhead either.

8:42 PM  
Blogger Lee said...

Yeah, I guess my apt complex does have a gym come to think of it. I totally forgot about that.

The treadmills were all taken when I got there at 8:15. They were still all taken at 9:15. I did other cardio instead.

9:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home