Friday, January 12, 2007

Dashed hopes part deux

I was in the running store, because apparently I think I have some sort of secret trust fund that I don't know about that will allow my unemployed self to buy new toys, when my phone rang. I didn't exactly know what to do since there was a sign on the door of the store that read TURN OFF YOUR CELL PHONE. Plus, I was talking to a salesperson. So, I pushed the ignore button on the phone. The voicemail indicator beeped and I bought what I came for (which I do need) and left the store so I could check my voicemail. It was, in fact, a company that I'd sent my resume to. But the guy was calling to tell me that they'd filled the position. He said they'd keep my resume on file if anything should open up. Ugh, foiled again.

My new toy (not that a water belt is a toy, it's more like a glorified fanny pack.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home