Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Letter to myself

Dear Lee,

You know that you should have brought your Ipod when you went to the gym this afternoon. You know that you can't run without it. Just because you couldn't find Irene Pod, doesn't mean you couldn't take Poddie or Shuffle. (Apparently Shuffle is not worthy of a nickname.) So you went to the gym anyway and lifted weights. Good for you. Except you still had to run 3 miles. So you went home. You found out that peanut butter really is good on sweet potaotes. You tried to figure out when exactly you were going to fit this 3 mile run in. You watched Beauty and the Geek. You fell asleep. You ate a bunch of ice cream. Then you went to the gym. You did it, you ran 3 miles but it was horrible and you wanted to quit. Every half mile you told yourself that you'd only do another half mile and then you could quit. The ice cream was churning in your stomach. Why did you eat that? Couldn't you have waited? You don't learn. But you did it anyway and I'm proud of you. And you got home in time to watch The Real World and the Duel. I know that even though you are way too old, you secretly pretend you are on that show. But if you were, you'd kick ass. Or you'd throw up from all the ice cream.

Smooches,
Lee

3 Comments:

Blogger Lauren Starks said...

That makes my stomach queasy just thinking about running after ice cream. Good job.

8:14 AM  
Blogger Peaches said...

I love that your iPods have names. And I can't even drink milk after a run, ice cream would be the end of me.

10:13 AM  
Blogger Lee said...

I don't know why I didn't have the ice cream after I ran. I think I was just procrastinating.

10:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home