Monday, January 08, 2007

Dare I say it?

But 8 miles was easy! I was supposed to do it Saturday or Sunday but due to my weekend pity party which included a lot of pity alcohol, I didn't. Today was perfect though. It was around 50 degrees and completely clear with a little bit of wind. I went up to the Highlands and back. I used the Nike thing and again, it was off. I put it in a different place in my shoe and it wasn't as off, but it was still off. I need to fix this. I was telling my friend Jason about it. He asked how does it even work? How does it measure your mileage? If someone has longer legs than I do and has a longer stride, how would it know that? I have no clue. Maybe I'm supposed to calibrate it first. I guess I should actually read the directions instead of just bitching about how it doesn't work. My long run this weekend is almost double what today was. 15 miles!

So, I'm trying to be positive right now which is kind of difficult. But since I like making lists, here goes:
Good things about losing my job:
1. I have time to get all my runs in and do weight training.
2. I can get a better job. I didn't particularly like this one anyway.
3. I have time to work on art which I said I wanted to do.

Okay, I can only really come up with three, but three is better than zero.

2 Comments:

Blogger Peaches said...

Congrats on the good run! I think I told you this already but I was in the best shape of my life when I had no job because I had all the time in the world to workout.

I think whatever you'll find next will be a great job.

5:05 PM  
Blogger Lauren Starks said...

Good job.

8:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home