Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Me, Myself and I

You know how when you start a new job, for the first day or two everyone is super nice to you? They come and introduce themselves to you, they take you out to lunch, they make sure you have everything? Apparently, the same thing goes on when you lose your job. Your friends call all the time, they take you out for drinks, they take you out to lunch, they entertain you. But then, in both situations, everyone else's life returns to normal and your stuck in a new situation all by yourself. I had to go file for unemployment today. I didn't want to go. The little voice in my head was saying, "I have a college degree. I have six years of experience in my field. I shouldn't be here." I guess it was somewhat of a humbling experience though because even though I do have all those things, I was there and I was in the same boat as everyone else.

After the fun that is the Georgia Department of Labor, I decided to do my 4 mile run. My legs felt like lead the whole time. It's amazing how one day I can run eight miles and feel great and the next day struggle with four. My heart just wasn't into it today. The wind was blowing in my face and I just didn't want to be outside. But, at the same time, I didn't have anywhere else to be. I have absolutely no excuse for not getting every single run in this week.

I just really feel lost right now. I was supposed to go to this Atlanta Outdoors Club social thing with Erin but she had to work late. I've had to turn down invitations for lunch and dinner. I am just by myself and it sucks. There's not even anything on TV and my next disc for 6FU doesn't arrive until January 20th.

4 Comments:

Blogger sarah (SHU) said...

that's so frustrating about 6FU - i hated having to wait between the cliff-hanging episodes. as for the run, the 4 was probably hard because your legs were tired from the 8.

i know you will find another job soon . . . you are so qualified and obviously smart!! your old company's loss will be another (hopefully more deserving) company's gain.

7:39 AM  
Blogger Lee said...

I'd go to Blockbuster and just get the next one but for some reason they only have through Season 3. Since you've seen them, it's the episode where Nate goes to Maggie's house and something happens... I know what happens in the end but it's still shocking.

10:53 AM  
Blogger Peaches said...

If you're ever board at night, you can come play with Stelly and I. That reminds me, I need to buy some Stella (the beer).

5:47 PM  
Blogger Lee said...

Adina, Maybe we can play with Stella while we drink Stella. Actually, what are you doing tomorrow night.

10:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home