Friday, January 12, 2007

Is it dorky that I have the dictionary bookmarked?

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans - John Lennon

I'm sitting at my computer for the umpteenth hour, hoping to find that perfect job. I have all the jobsites bookmarked and go through them every morning, one after the other. This is Day 5. How much longer is this going to last? How much longer am I going to last? Not necessarily just in terms of money, although that too, but having no interaction with people is really getting to me. I went out last night even though I probably shouldn't have. I met Jamie at Front Page News. We sat outside by a fireplace. I can't remember the last time I've even hung out with just Jamie. It's funny because a year or two ago, we only hung out with each other. People would joke that we were a married couple. No, a Siamese twin is more like it, I'd respond. It got old. We moved on. We made new friends. But sometimes I miss it. I miss having someone there who was always up for doing something. Someone who always wanted to get dinner and a beer. Someone who I could tell all my secrets to.

Besides checking job sites everyday, I also have a list of blogs (the ones on the sidebar and then some of the ones that are on those sidebars too) daily. It's kind of strange, I guess. But I get caught up in these people's lives; strangers that if I saw them on the street, I wouldn't know it was them. So, according to Clink, one of my favorites, it's national de-lurking week. So, I de-lurked on her page, Bethesda, Maryland, will you de-lurk on mine? You aren't my mother or my sister are you?

I'm resting my legs for my 15 mile run tomorrow. I have to plan a route. 15 miles is somewhat incomprehensible for me, but I did 13, what's the big deal about 2 measly extra miles, right?

3 Comments:

Blogger Peaches said...

I get off at 3:30. If you'd ever like to interact with me and a small furry animal, feel free just let me know.

I suck at inviting people over, so if you want to hang out, just harass me and eventually I'll do it. I fell asleep last night before I could even call you. I got in at 6, sat on the couch, woke up at 11:30 and moved from the couch to the bed. 4:45 AM-7 PM non stop is a looooooong time.

12:00 PM  
Blogger Clink said...

I'm de-lurking, officially, on your blog, even though you all ready know that I read it (and am inspired by the fact that you run marathons! And sick to my stomach over the fact that you don't have a job!).

Thanks for making my workday go by a little faster.

5:34 PM  
Blogger Clink said...

*already. It's been a looong day/week.

5:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home