Monday, January 15, 2007

I know they mean well and everything

But I really wish my friends and family would stop asking me how my job search is going. How the hell do they think it's going? Umm, it's not. I've covered lettered and resumed my little heart out but nada. Plus, if there was even the remote possibility of something good happening, don't they think I would tell them? This is me. I am not one for secrets, especially not one about myself. Do they really think that the next time they ask, "How's the job search?" I'm going to say, "Oh I just found my dream job and I start tomorrow." I know they mean well and I'm just being a bitch but unemployment does that to you.

I did lift weights today. If nothing else, I better be in the best shape of my life because hey, I have plenty of time to work out.

4 Comments:

Blogger Peaches said...

That's what happened to me when I was jobless on both counts. No job=pain in the ass people asking how the search is going and No job also=hottest body I've ever had.

8:47 AM  
Blogger Lauren Starks said...

The smart ass in me wants to now ask you how the job search is going...:p

*hugs*

Instead, I'll ask - what's the plan for Thursday?

9:13 AM  
Blogger Lee said...

Hopefully I'll get the hottest body ever. Although it does seem unlikely since I've turned into the biggest lazy ass ever.

Lauren, not sure if I should do dinner. Do you just want to meet at the store? I am supposed to go out afterwards with some friends, maybe in Marietta, you are welcome to join. Adina, you too on both accounts.

2:38 PM  
Blogger Peaches said...

I'd love to, but no way am I driving to Marietta after driving all the way from Southwest Atlanta. Last week it took me an hour or more to get home.

5:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home