Friday, January 26, 2007

Things that I want to spend money on

- A manicure and pedicure
- Whole Foods salad
- Clothes
- Magazines
- Target
- Lunches and dinners with friends

And guess what? I CAN. I was just offered a job at the company that where I interviewed on Wednesday. I accepted the position and I start on Wednesday. I might be getting ahead of myself with the spending. They are going to issue a formal letter on Monday when their CEO comes back.

So, question. I was unemployed for a week according to the state since I had two weeks of severance pay. So, I haven't filed for unemployment yet. The first time I'd be able to do so would be this Sunday and I'd be filing for this past week. Do I bother with it? I mean, I know it's money and I could still use it but will it screw up my taxes or is there any reason that a person wouldn't want to file for unemployment. I mean, does reflect badly on me in any way?

4 Comments:

Blogger Lauren Starks said...

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYA

*does the Dance of Joy*

Congratulations!

Wooohooooooooo!


I think filing for unemployment is totally your call. You're entitled to it. I don't think it reflects badly. If you need it, take it.

12:34 PM  
Blogger Peaches said...

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
Congratulations!

I agree with Lauren re: filing for unemployment. I would even if it were just for the few weeks before you get your paycheck.

1:53 PM  
Blogger Brooke said...

I don't know much about the unemployment, but congrats on the job.

1:55 PM  
Blogger Clink said...

Unfortunately I have no clue about the unemployment but YAY OMIGOD CONGRATS. I'm thrilled and I can't wait to read about the new gig.

12:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home