Saturday, January 27, 2007

Wasn't so bad

16 miles wasn't so bad. I mean, towards the end I really, really wanted it to be over but not any more than 15 or even 10. I think the major difference was that I really concentrated on fueling myself. (What am I, a car?) I brought a Clif gel and then two bags of Clif Shots or whatever they're called - the gummi squares. I also stopped twice to get Propel. I think I do better with a gel than with the gummy thing. It's also easier to carry. I bought the gummy things in two flavors - lemon-lime and margarita. Lemon-lime was good. As for margarita, I don't really know why you'd really want an energy gel to vaguely taste of tequila. I mean, maybe you're supposed to pretend that you're actually sipping a margarita instead of running 53857 miles. Apparently, that's what I thought it'd do when I bought it. Or I'm just a sucker with a drinking problem.

I'll admit, I walked up a monster hill. I walked a little bit in addition to that. But I mostly ran. By the end, my legs were screaming at me but I actually felt fine. I wasn't winded or anything. I have the physical fitness level to do this, my legs just disagreed. My IT band (or what I've self diagnosed as my IT band) was bothering me again. But yeah, it was decent run.

3 Comments:

Blogger Brooke said...

Good for you!! You did it!!

6:06 PM  
Blogger Peaches said...

Yay! I think I saw you at the end of your run and even though you looked like you wanted it to be over, you still looked like you were going strong.

I'm impressed!

6:39 PM  
Blogger Lee said...

Where did you see me?

6:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home