Monday, February 12, 2007

Waiting

One of the things that I hate the most about a new job is not knowing what to do when you don't have anything to do. I don't know enough about my job to find something productive to do and don't know enough to know if it's okay to do nothing if there is nothing. I don't want to be annoying and always asking what I should be doing, but I honestly don't know. I just want it to be two months from now. I want to be comfortable at my job. I want the marathon to be over. I want to wear cute tops and flip flops. I tend to do this a lot; I sort of wish my life away.

I went to the gym tonight with the intent of running 5 miles on the treadmill. Not so much. My legs just felt like jello. I don't know why I have such a hard time following the training plan. I mean, besides the fact that it's a shitload of running. I just feel like since I'm following this basic, bare-bones plan, it shouldn't be that hard. I think it was partially mental tonight. I just didn't want to run. The thought of being on that treadmill for 50 minutes was just too much. Plus, my Ipod was dying. So I did the Arc Trainer for 30 minutes instead.

1 Comments:

Blogger Peaches said...

Running is just like that. There are days when your body just says NO! Then there are those days where you feel like you can run forever. The marathon is only a month away! You're almost there. Then you can have your life back.

The job thing...Well, that's natural. The adjustment period is never fun, but you can't do much to change that. You'll get used to things there eventually and start to have fun or at least like going to work more.

4:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home