Sunday, February 25, 2007

slow and steady



That was a big hunk of my day yesterday. I ate a lot during the run. I don't know if it helped but it gave me something to look forward to. I had a clif bar at mile 5, bought a propel at mile 6 (melon, which I didn't like and threw away.), bought some water at mile 9, another powerbar type thing at 11 and a banana and gatorade at 16. The banana helped. I was at a gas station and at that point I really was ready to be home and none of the food looked appealing at all but my energy levels were seriously waning so I bought a gas station banana. I don't usually drink Gatorade but I tried it and it tasted weird to me. I guess I'm just used to Propel. I used to like Gatorade though. There are so many flavors to choose from and then what's the deal with Gatorade Fierce and Gatorade Rain and stuff? I just bought plain ol' orange.

I ran slowly. Very slowly. I normally run a ten minute mile on the treadmill but for this run, I probably went as slow as a 12 minute mile. Some people run faster outside. I'm not one of them. My natural gait is just not fast. That's something I may want to work on after the race. I've got the distance thing covered, now maybe it's time to work on speed. Well, not now but in a month or so.

Speaking of slow and steady, I hung out with that guy again on Friday night. I went to his apartment and we played board games. I ended up sleeping there because he lives like 25 minutes away and I was tired. What's nice about this.. whatever it is... is that it is going slowly. I tend to move too fast with guys sometimes. I don't think my "number" is especially high or anything but there are several one time offenders on that list. Not one night stands, but guys that I have slept with too quickly and then things haven't worked out for whatever reason. So, it's sort of nice to take things slowly. At least I won't have any regrets this time.

5 Comments:

Blogger Brooke said...

Congrats on the 20 miler.
Don't worry too much about eating a gas station banana. I probably would've bought a Snickers, so you are better than me in that aspect.

5:42 PM  
Blogger Lee said...

I actually really wanted to buy those Cadbury Mini Eggs but thought that might not be the best thing to eat while running.

Not the Creme Egg - I hate those. The mini eggs are the best!

6:04 PM  
Blogger Peaches said...

Congratulations!

9:27 PM  
Blogger Lauren Starks said...

Great job!

1:36 PM  
Blogger erin said...

Slow or not, you are taking on quite a goal. Be proud!

10:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home