Sunday, March 04, 2007

my indulgent weekend

My weekend of indulgence has come to an end. I did end up working out a little bit after all. I went to the gym and ran 3 miles and then after feeling rather ill, did the arc trainer for another 45. I wonder if I'm totally screwing myself here but I am just so sick of marathon training. I think a big part of it is that I'm doing it by myself. I have no one to push me, no one to entertain me while I run. There only seem to be alternative plans that are way more fun. Umm, like my weekend...

My plan was flawed from the beginning. I should not plan for my long run to be on a Sunday. I need it to be on Saturday. Not only to get it over with more quickly, but so I'll always have a fall back day should I become a lazy excuse for a person. Actually, my indulgent weekend requires a little bit of backstory. My friends have a group (not going to tell what it's called, although it's quite clever, I don't want this blog to come up if anyone googles it.) that goes to a bar every Thursday. They began with A and every week go through the Alphabet. Last week was supposed to be Q. Apparently, nothing in Atlanta begins with a Q so they decided not to go out. My friend L, however, still wanted to. L lives next door to new boy. That's actually how I met him. In a freak incident where I actually planned ahead of time, I had my gym stuff with me at work. So I ran 4 miles and drove up to L's house. I'm making this story unecessarily long - point of it is that I slept at new boys house and didn't get much sleep since I had to drive home first the next day before work to change my clothes. This was after I had a fashion show at his house, trying to find something of his that wouldn't look absolutely ridiculous on me.

We had dinner reservations at a nice restaurant in Buckhead the following night at 9:15. My plan was to go home and get a short nap and go to the gym. Only the work Gods didn't see it that way because I had to work late. So between a nap and running, you can figure out what was sacrificed. The dinner was good...and the start of the indulgencies. I had a prickly pear maragarita and we had a bottle of wine. I also had salmon and we split a tuna tartare appetizer. We went to several other bars and by the time last call rolled around, we were in no condition to drive. We took a taxi back to my place and, after making the taxi driver stop so I could get cash and oddly enough, buy peanut butter, got back home.

Needless to say, my chaste intentions went flying out the window. The next day we had to drive back to Decatur to get his car. After a series of mishaps which included not being able to park in a lot because the gate wouldn't open, new boy almost running over some small children and me cursing the broken soda machine at Kroger, we ended up meeting up with a runnning club that he had joined at a bar. Somehow everyone left but us. We ended up meeting some other friends for dinner where I ate an entire ramekin of spinach and artichoke dip by myself, not to mention a bunch of tator tots. We decided to go bowling. By this point, I was really tired and still trying to fool myself into thinking that I was still going to run.

By the time we actually got out of bed this morning, it was noon. I was hungry. We got food and somehow went back to my apartment and looked at a book about dogs and laughed at it and fell asleep. He left at 4.

I had a really fun weekend but I feel sort of gross. I am not pleased with the amount of food and alcohol that was consumed. Although I am pleased with the amount of...well, you know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home