Saturday, December 23, 2006

Bye Tower, I'll miss you.

I'll admit it; I haven't set food in a record store or bought a real CD in years. Virtually all of my music is downloaded. I just watched something about Tower Records closing and it makes me sad. I used to love Tower. I used to love their magazine section (they had High Times! When I was sixteen this was possibly the coolest thing ever), their books, their posters but most of all I loved the listening stations. This was the mid 90s. No one had ever heard of previewing songs online. I can't tell you how many hours I spent there at the listening stations eating up all the new music. Tower Records in Rockville was a in a shopping center that I sometimes frequented with my mom. I could never get her to go in there though. It bored her to death. My father, however, was a different story. We had a long standing Wednesday evening dinner date. We often followed dinner with a trip to Tower Records. Neither of us bought anything; I think my father liked to browse as much as I did.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home