Monday, December 18, 2006

F'n cereal

I have some residual bad habits from an abandoned semi eating disorder two years ago. There are certain foods that I cannot have in my vicinity. The main one is cereal. I don't know why, but I cannot be within two feet of a box of cereal without wanting to eat the entire box. Maybe it's because all those handfuls don't add up in my mind (the same way alcohol has no calories), maybe it's because I'm thinking, "Dude, you're eating All bran with yogurt clusters. I mean, how bad is that? It's fucking All Bran." Maybe it's because I don't eat actual meals enough. I don't know what it is, but I have a major issue with cereal. I went home from work and took an hour nap. When I got up, I felt a little snacky. This led to me breaking out the box of cereal, the one that I almost didn't buy yesterday but then decided that I am stronger than that, and mindlessly chowing down while reading a cookbook. In the grand scheme of things 500 or so calories of ceereal is not that big of a deal but it leads to me mentally tallying up what I've eaten for the day and not eating enough later on to make up for it. The part of my body that tells me when I'm hungry or when I'm full is completely broken. I don't know how to get it to work properly. I need to throw away the cereal. I'm going to keep the yogurt clusters though. That's the best part.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home