Saturday, December 16, 2006

Phew!

10 miles sucks. 10 miles makes my legs feel like they are made of lead. 10 miles makes my toes sore even after getting a pedicure (where the woman did not give an adequate foot massage and I don't even like foot massages.) It really was not a bad run; it was just long. I'm suspect of gmaps-pedometer. I need to go measure in my car. I was going to after I had lunch with Adina but suddenly got very tired and had to go home immediately. Of course, Cheshire Bridge was completely backed up due to a light being out at Lavista so I probably could have measured in the same amount of time that it took me to actually get home. I need to plan my runs better. I need to make them more scenic. The first 70% or so of my run was great. I went through the Highlands and down to the park and up Monroe. I honestly had thoughts of, "Atlanta is so great. Here's an open air market and a bakery that smells good. Oh, there's a park. I remember when I went to a festival here. They're selling Christmas trees that smell good." Then I got to Piedmont and blech. The real blech part, which I knew going into this sort of, was when I was on Buford Highway. I would normally turn right and not be on that road for very long to get to my apartment but in order to make the run longer, I overshot it and went up to the next street. Not scenic. By the time I got near my apartment, I was pretty much dying. I kept having to stop for lights and stuff and when I've run that much, it hurts a lot more to stop then to keep going. So, next weekend I need to have some better planning.

I got invited to a party in Kennesaw. An ugly sweater party. Red flag, red flag. And I'm not talking about the ugly sweater part. I'm talking about Kennesaw. I am not partying 45 minutes away. Before I go on a big rant about ITP vs OTP (inside and outside of the city essentially), I will be the first to admit that I'm a snob. I am. Deal. Not going to Kennesaw. Not ranting either.

My feet hurt.

4 Comments:

Blogger Peaches said...

I am anti Kennesaw, but we already discussed that today.

9:53 PM  
Blogger Lauren Starks said...

i used to live in Kennesaw.

10:24 PM  
Blogger Peaches said...

Where haven't you lived?! I have a friend who lived in Kennesaw...I think she lives in Acworth or Woodstock or Canton or one of those other waaaaaaaaaaaay out there places. Life out there freaks me out because when I'm there, I actually find myself feeling like I live in the South.

2:30 AM  
Blogger Lee said...

I am anti driving 45 minutes. Actually, I am anti driving 5 minutes. I have a bad habit of picking the longest/most trafficky way to get anywhere under the guise that I'm taking a shortcut.

10:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home