Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Stress rears it's ugly head

My body is exhibiting classic symptoms of stress. I'm breaking out, my eye is twitching and I'm tired. And did I mention hungry? I fell asleep last night thinking about what I was going to eat for breakfast. The thing is, I'm actually not at a stressful point in my life right now, at least not mentally. Since I don't celebrate Christmas, the holiday season is not that big of a deal. I did all of my shopping online anyway for my family and most of my friends and I don't exchange gifts. Work is slow. No one is here basically for the next week and a half including my boss. I have Friday and the following Friday off. So, it must be physical stress. I know that all kinds of weird things happen when you train for a marathon, but I just didn't think they would happen so soon. I've run more mileage in a week than I am now. I might have increased too soon. The cruise kind of got in my way and I ended up skipping my first long run which was an 8-miler. The following week was 6 and then back up to 10. Maybe running 10 miles so quickly did it? I mean, not quickly, I ran very slow, but increasing to 10 quickly. Or maybe this is all in my head and I'm just looking for something to blame.

Nothing of interest to report in the boy department. Haven't talked to the no-spark boy since Saturday night. I'm hoping he'll just go away.

9 Comments:

Blogger Peaches said...

Nothing to say, but it's blue in here! Cool.

6:39 PM  
Blogger Lee said...

I got bored at work. I'm having issues with the banner though. I don't know why it's so small.

6:47 PM  
Blogger Peaches said...

I wonder if you're playing with it right now...Your banner isn't even there on my screen right now. Weird.

10:39 PM  
Blogger Lee said...

i can see the banner. both from my home and work computers.

12:04 AM  
Blogger Lauren Starks said...

I like the blue.

Although Stress seems to be the reoccurring theme this week.

8:26 AM  
Blogger Lee said...

can you guys see the banner? it's people running and says 26 point 2 on it? i can see it.

8:54 AM  
Blogger Lauren Starks said...

i see it, but it is small

9:37 AM  
Blogger Peaches said...

I see it! It's big!

10:41 AM  
Blogger Lee said...

Yay! I fixed it.

10:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home