Friday, December 22, 2006

The security guard

There are two security guards at my job; one is in the morning and one is after lunch. The after lunch one has taken to me. Or rather he's taken to telling everyone else in the building that he likes me. People will come up to me in my office and say, "Security guard says hi." or "Security guard thinks you're hot." Or most recently yesterday, "You're wanted at security." I got excited because I am expecting a package from my dad and thought maybe it was there. No, they just wanted me to talk to the security guard. So, I tried you know, to be nice.

Him: Have you ever been to Compound? (A club)
Me: A few times. I'm not really big into clubs.
Him: What do you like to do for fun then?
Me: Well, I like to go to bars?
Him: Bars? Where do you go to bars in Atlanta?
Me: (very confused) What do you mean?
Him: I've never heard someone say that they go to bars. Most people go to clubs.
Me: I have to go back to my office now.

Plus, this guy has a southern, kind of slangy accent and I can't understand him half the time anyway. It's getting kind of annoying. Him, not the accent.

3 Comments:

Blogger Peaches said...

Weird guy.

The bar/club thing makes sense to me. Until I met you, I didn't ever go to bars. I went to clubs. I didn't even know anyone who went to bars.

10:27 AM  
Blogger Lee said...

But you knew that people did, right?

11:17 AM  
Blogger Peaches said...

I knew people went to bars to have a drink, but I guess I never thought of them as an alternative to going to a club. They were never a place where my friends and I would spend an evening. We'd go to a bar before going out, but the bar was never the destination. I knew people went to bars, but I didn't realize people went out with the only intention being to go to the bar.

11:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home