Saturday, May 12, 2007

A year goes by so quickly

There was envelope shoved into my door when I got home yesterday. I've been living here for nearly a year; it's time to renew my lease if I want. I can't believe it's already been ten months. I remember moving in. Eric helped me move because Jamie was "busy." We got a flat tire at got stuck at GA State and were starving and the only thing around was McDonalds. My cell phone was about to die and everyone in the world was calling to tell me good luck with the move. That was almost a year ago. I was nervous at first. Nervous that I didn't have enough furniture. Nervous that I wouldn't be able to afford my bills. Most of all, nervous to be alone. Some people talk about loving living by themselves. They covet that alone time. I am not one of those people. But it's not all bad. I can do what I want, make as much noise as I please, leave the air turned off until mid August because I'm just not hot, and be as messy as I want. I'm not very different than I was a year ago. I have more friends and a new job, but I'm still the same. I wonder what will change in the next year.

So, yeah, I'm renewing my lease.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home