Monday, May 14, 2007

Therapy Part 1

I didn't know what to expect when I went to the therpist's office last week at lunch. What I didn't expect was to see a bible in the waiting room along with a radio station playing Christian music. The therapist herself was nice enough and part of me feels like I'm contradicting the whole idea that I'm an "open minded" person, because I would consider not going to this woman because she's religious. But the thing is, it's not because she's religious, I have no problem with that, it's when people bring their religious (and in my opinion personal) views into the workplace. I see it as unprofessional. So I've been wavering back and forth and whether or not I want a second appointment with her and I just realized something that sealed the deal - she's a psychologist, not a psychiatrist. I got the two of them confused. I need someone who has the ability to prescribe medicine - especially since my primary care physician is no longer on my insurance plan. So, off to find another therapist.

In case anyone was wondering, $10 bottomless pitchers of sangria is not a good idea. Especially when it leads to me making out with my friend D who is gay and telling my friend A from work that he wears the same shirt to work all the time and who knows what else. (That second part is true and the first part has happened before. Apparently I'm the only girl that he likes to kiss.) Eh, at least my life isn't boring, I guess.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home