Monday, May 14, 2007

Can't find the words

My friend's dad died today. I hadn't talked to him since Thanksgiving. I knew the situation was grave but I guess I didn't know how grave. As soon as I found out, I called him. I just didn't know what to say. His voice sounded small and sad. I consider myself very lucky. I have a lot of friends who've had a parent (or both) pass away. What do you do for your friends? I mean, he lives 500 miles away. I can't go to the funeral. Do I send a card, flowers, what? He was grateful that I called; I could hear it in his voice even though I didn't have much to say. He is one of my best friends even though we don't talk that often. I'll see him when I'm in MD for Memorial Day but I still don't know what to say.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

Lee,your post is very thought provoking.My condolences goes out to your friend and his family.Just stay in touch and encourage him in every way you can.Your companionship will go a long way. God bless!

7:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home