Sunday, November 11, 2007

Roommates?

I've been fantasizing about dogs. Golden retreivers. I want one. A bundle of love and an excuse to make me more responsible because I have to go home, you know to let the dog out. It sounds perfect. Except that my apartment is literally the size of a closet. A large closet, but a closet nonetheless. Lee, doggie and Lee's mess would not fit.

Jason's lease is up in March. He wants to buy a house. With a yard. For my dog.

And me.

We have these conversations all the time. About our hypothetical future situations. But the living together hypothetical situation might not be so hypothetical. I've never lived with a boyfriend before. It seems like it's too soon. But right now, it's only November and really we wouldn't live together until next August, when my lease is up. How do you live with someone? I've had roommates and the living space is ours but my room has always been mine. Well, except in college but that was different since my idea of decoration amounted to a bunch of Phish and Bob Marley posters so I could pretend that I was all crunchy in an effort to make friends with some people who knew where to get some pot.

Anyhow, I digress.

What I'm trying to get at is would our [hypothetical] house still have all my pictures of friends that he doesn't know? Would it have my books in the same bookshelf as his? Would it have his small NASCAR shrine? (Oh God, how do I know that NASCAR is in all caps???)

It's just a lot to think about. But I could get my dog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home