Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Calm down

Dear Lee,

You can do this. You know what the problem is. You're in a new relationship. You're going out to eat A LOT. You're drinking more than normally. You're not running as much. You're on the pill. There are four major factors there that are contributing to your weight gain and they are four easy fixes. (Well, three, I'm not risking getting pregnant.) It's easy and you can do it. Crying isn't going to fix anything. It's time to take action.

Love,
Lee

1 Comments:

Blogger Lauren Starks said...

*hugs* just make small changes. Back in the olden days, when I used to go out a lot and I needed to 'cut back' on drinking; I'd rotate between drink & club soda w/ lime.

As far as eating out, maybe take a cooking class together? Or go buy a cookbook and commit to try one new meal together a week. Then maybe go to you cook 1 night, he cooks 1 night, you cook 1 night together. Otherwise, clean up your breakfast, snacks, and lunch so that it balances.

On the exercise bit, really don't know what to tell you. That's just a matter of getting it done.

Don't let the birth control be your crutch for weight gain. That's what my GYN told me. That although it may cause a slight weight gain, it's never significant & women tend to 'justify' the weight gain as because of the pill. *shrug* I still think I'd lose 10 easy off the pill, but that 10 pounds is not worth the additional expense of a baby.

12:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home