Friday, March 23, 2007

After the marathon

After the marathon.

I read an article once, though I have no idea where, about how when you train for a marathon (how when? That doesn't sound right.) all you can think about is life after the marathon. That's where I'm at right now. After the marathon I'll be able to hang out with friends more. After the marathon I'll be able to take weekend trips. After the marathon I'll be able to sleep all day if I want. And mainly, after the marathon I'll be able to lift weights again.

Strength training has completely taken a backseat to running. And when I say completely, I mean I haven't lifted weights in at least two weeks and even before that, it was very sporadic. My body responds well to strength training. It doesn't respond as well to tons of cardio. I feel flabby. Maybe it's in my head; I just feel gross. I know I'm in good shape, but I put on a shirt today that I wore all last summer and it just doesn't feel like it fits right. I want to be more toned. I want to be happy with my body. I don't know if that will ever happen. My eating habits need to clean up a bit too. I've definitely been using the, "I'm running a marathon" excuse when it comes to eating. Like umm, Krispy Kreme donut yesterday at work. I don't even like donuts!

I can never find that happy medium concerning working out, food and body image.

1 Comments:

Blogger Peaches said...

hi! no comments, just hi.

10:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home