Wednesday, March 21, 2007

It's looming



Seriously? In the 80s? I do not run when it is in the 80s. I'm wimpy. I don't like extreme hot or extreme cold. And 84 in the end of March is EXTREME HOT!!! A co-worker tried to assure me that it wouldn't be that hot at the start. Right now I just want this to be over. I want to run 26.2 miles and move on with my life. I've read a lot about tapering. A lot of people say that it makes them feel unprepared for the race. In my case, this is true. They also say, however, that they are itching to run. In my case, not true. I'm sick of running. I'm sick of it dictating my life. I really do have a love/hate relationship with it though. I've been irritiable all week and I'm almost 100% sure it's from not running.

I have nothing else really to report. I still haven't heard from the boy but I think he really is just busy. I mean, nothing happened between us. Maybe I just got it into my head that things are more serious than they really are. I tend to do that. How appropriate - my horoscope: Tone down the intense energy you've been focusing on someone new -- it's confusing.


What should I eat after the marathon? Any suggestions? Crap, I'm all about eating fattening crap. Except, oddly enough, for the most part I don't like fattening crap.

3 Comments:

Blogger Brooke said...

What to eat after the marathon??
Anything and everything you want to. You will have earned it.
Personally, I had Mexican.

8:16 PM  
Blogger Lee said...

OMG, now it's supposed to be 87!!

10:43 PM  
Blogger Lauren Starks said...

Calm down. It won't be much over 70 until well after lunch. It's not supposed to be above 80 until after 3 or 4.

If you're still running after 3, they've pulled you off the course anyway. :)

6:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home