Friday, December 29, 2006

Accomplishments and Resolutions

I'll admit it, I like New Years Resolutions. I like the idea of starting fresh. I don't know why January 1st has to be the day to do so, but I like it. 2006 was an okay year. Nothing great happened but nothing bad happened either. Here's what I've accomplished in 2006:
1. I stayed at the same job. I've had a lot of jobs. I'm only 28 and I've had five professional jobs in the past six years. That's a lot. The problem is when I don't like my job, I just tend to think that anything is better than what I've got now so I ended up jumping from one crap job to the next and then I'm in the exact same situation. Anyway, I don't want to write about work related stuff here, but that is an accomplishment.
2. I met a lot of new friends.
3. I ran a bunch of races.
4. I lived on my own for the first time. Honestly, I wasn't sure if I'd like it or not. But I do.

Here's what I hope to accomplish in 2007:
1. Run a marathon.
2. Drink more water and less diet coke.
3. Cook more.

3 Comments:

Blogger Peaches said...

Those are good resolutions. I like them. I'd steal them, but they were the same as my resolutions from a few years back...Except for the marathon thing. I don't think I have resolutions for this year. It feels weird.

2:01 PM  
Blogger Lauren Starks said...

i have a list of things I want to do better at in 2007 over 2006. Not really resolutions. Resolutions feel to "all or nothing" for me.

3:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are pretty much my resolutions for 2007 as well. Here's to more running, more cooking and more water! Cheers!

6:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home